Hummus Mezze Recipe Turkish Mezze Series 5 shorts
Did you think we would skip Hummus in our #FavouriteSummerMezzes series? No way! ????
#hummus #humus #hummusmezze #hummusrecipe #mezze
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: -
400 gr canned chickpeas (~14 oz, ~0.9 lb)
6 tablespoons tahini
Juice of 1 lemon
6 cubes of ice
2 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- For a perfectly smooth hummus first you need to peel the chickpeas. Add 400 gr canned chickpeas in a large bowl and rub to take the skin of.
- Fill the bowl with water and skins will start to float. When you drain, skins will group on water and it will be much easier to collect.
- Add peeled chickpeas, 2 cloves of garlic, half of a teaspoon salt, 6 tablespoons of tahini and 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil to food processor.
- Squeeze a lemon juice and run for 7-8 minutes on low-medium speed.
- While the food processor is working the hummus will get warm. To avoid that add 6 cubes of ice gradually. ıce will help to make a smooth hummus as well.
- After a couple of minutes hummus will be ok but not smooth enough. Don’t give up and continue until the hummus is creamy. You can run on high speed at this stage.
- Taste and adjust the lemon, tahini and salt to your taste. Garlic and olive oil always need time to settle. If you have 2-3 hours before eating the taste will be better.
- When the hummus is ready put on serving table and make a little crater with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle ground sumac, cumin and parsley leaves. Last but not least pour 2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Enjoy your creamy, tasty, simple hummus with your lavash or chips as your spoon!